Managed edge computing
High availability, real time, secure data processing – ONCITE Open Edition bridges the gap between cloud and edge computing and gives you the flexibility and scalability you need for your IT applications. Your advantage: We take over the operation of the edge cloud, so you don't have to worry about building up additional expertise.
When is the use of ONCITE Open Edition recommended?
- Regulatory requirements prevent outsourcing to the cloud
- Sensitive data must not leave the company premises
- Critical data is not approved for storage in the public cloud from a compliance perspective
Heterogeneous IT landscapes
- On-premises data centres of multiple company locations are rarely connected to each other and have grown heterogeneously
- Connection to the cloud is usually only possible on a site-specific basis
- Centralised control is not possible
Scalability of private clouds
- Size, data volume and usage can be difficult to estimate at first
- Many private cloud providers don’t offer modular scalability
Benefit from our expertise. Our experts will be happy to give you individual advice!
Why ONCITE Open Edition?
- Unlimited scalability – from the edge to private clouds
- Complete data sovereignty – data remains at the place of origin if desired
- Based on open-source software
- Highly modular – various expansion options based on a modular system principle as well as managed services selectable on the edge
- Quick commissioning – you supply the electricity and the network, and we take care of the rest!
ONCITE Digital Production System
Edge computing has many advantages that can help you meet your production requirements. Specially tailored to the needs of industry, we offer IIoT applications and industrial software, combined with the ONCITE Factory Edge. Benefit from our many years of industrial experience.
ONCITE Open Edition offers you maximum flexibility and freedom of choice.
- Rack and cooling system from Rittal
- Hardware architecture designed for scalability and real-time applications
- GPU server with 2-16 GPU cards available
- Other cloud platforms can be easily integrated
- Supports edge and multi-cloud scenarios
- Includes OpenStack as reliable SDN layer
- Proprietary software can be integrated
- Self-service features, e.g. VM aaS, Kubernetes aaS, databases aaS
- Edge infrastructure-as-a-service operation with support hotline and SLA
- Change and incident process based on ITIL® best practices
- On-site service available on request
Take your data processing to the next level:
We’ll help you get there – and beyond. Book a non-binding consultation
with us and benefit from our extensive expertise and project experience.
Edge Cloud – the foundation for leading research projects
In collaboration with German Edge Cloud, the Fraunhofer Institute is carrying out its research and development activities using ONCITE Edge Cloud infrastructure.
- Secure data access
- Distributed infrastructure based on scalable edge cloud solutions
- Preservation of full data sovereignty according to European standards
- Development of an architecture for decentralised, institute-wide edge cloud management
- Use of ONCITE Open Edition infrastructure for research projects
- Secure transmission via IDS technology (Gaia-X)